Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday, Monday

Mondays are the worst! I think we get used to having Daddy around all weekend and we all have to adjust when it's just me. Everyone is fussy, I didn't sleep well, we're all getting over our colds, and it's raining! Whine! Whine! Whine!

It took Sig forever to go down for his nap. Thor won't let me put him down so he's sleeping against my chest. I'm typing this with one finger on my iPad. I'm at that lovely postpartum stage where all your hair falls out. My clothes don't want to fit right and I hate this nursing bra. In fact, I hate all my nursing bras! And it's still raining! Whine! Whine! Whine!

I did get the laundry done. Maybe if I wish really hard the clothes will fold themselves. The dishwasher has been emptied. The blue circles someone drew on the walls add a nice splash of color. We are having sourdough pancakes for dinner. There's one less terrorist in the world. So, I guess I should stop with the whining.

But it is still raining.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't have rain and hair loss today, but some frustrating moments made me prone to whining, too. Mondays are notorious for that, alas.

    Also: I love the title of your blog. Viking cousins (even if I can only claim half-Vikingage) unite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! I've been waiting & waiting for the vikings and their parents to make an appearance in blog land!

    And I have been whining about this never-ending rain since the beginning of time, it seems, so we're in good company at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try going without rain for 6 (!) months like we do here and see if you complain about it ever again.

    I think every woman hates nursing bras, by the way. I've seen a few cute but prohibitively expensive ones on the market, but they're mostly ugly, uncomfortable and schlumpy. oh well.

    ReplyDelete