Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And a 6.7 from the Russian judge

There are good days.  And then there are days.  I don't want to say the days are bad.  I'm trying to be positive.  We have had some good times today: waking up to smiling faces, sitting on the sofa reading Dr. Suess, Sig going potty on his potty.  But those moments seemed to be buried under what seems like non-stop crying.  Standing in the family room holding a screaming infant while my toddler sobbed against my leg I was pretty near the point of selling both my children to the gypsies.  Then, for whatever reason, the thought popped in my head that the kids were competing against each other in some sort of Olympics of tears and I was a judge.  Sig got points for being most pathetic and style (he does have two years worth of practice).  Thor got points for volume and pitch.  It was declared a tie.

Thor has been crying more, as of late.  I don't know if it just part of him getting over his ear infection, if the medicine he's taking is upsetting his stomach, or if it just a phase he's going through.  I sure wish I could figure out what was causing his tears so I could figure out if they could be avoided.  Both kids are still suffering from colds, though Sig's snot does seem to be abating.  Thor sounds congested at times, though it is usually after one of his scream-fests.  Everyone is still sleeping well, eating well, and except for the crying, seem to be their normal, chipper selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment