Monday, August 15, 2011

When mommy takes a nap

4:30 Mike is home from work. I'm exhausted and have a headache. Mike says he'll watch the boys so I can go rest.

4:35 I realize that Mike was going to call the insurance company when he got home to get coverage for our new car. The paperwork is in the diaper bag. I'm so tired. It can wait until tomorrow.

4:40 I get up and give the paperwork to Mike as I've spent the last five minutes imagining our new car meeting an early demise and can't rest until I know it has its own insurance.

4:45 I watch the boys while Mike talks with the agent.

5:00 Back to bed.

5:15 Mike and the boys are at the foot of the bed. Mike wants to know where the teething medicine is for Thor. I tell him check the basket on the changing table, but it might not be in the basket because I threw it at the basket when I last used it and it may have fallen behind the changing table (1. I was sitting on the floor with a screaming baby and didn't want to stand up to put it away responsibly. 2. Sometimes, it is just nice to throw things).

5:20 After going through the contents of the basket on the changing table, Mike locates the medicine behind the changing table.

5:25 Everyone is back in my room. I'm not sure why. Sig is combing my hair with a baby brush that was discovered while searching for the Baby Orajel. Mike's listening to Weird Al songs on iTunes. Thor's whimpering.

5:30 I'm nursing Thor in bed. Sig is running around. Weird Al is still coming in 30 second increments from the computer. Mike's phone alarm goes off.

5:35 Let's see if this Weird Al album is cheaper on Amazon. It is! But, we have an iTunes gift card so really it's free! We can't afford to not get it.

5:40 Thor is asleep. He hasn't napped all afternoon because of the teething. Sig is running around. Weird Al is still playing on the computer.

5:45 Mike's phone alarm goes off again. He can't get it to turn off. He blames the beta iOS he has running on his phone. He decides to let it go until it turns itself off. Sig is running around the room. Weird Al sings in the background. Thor sleeps on.

5:47 In my nicest voice, "WILL YOU PLEASE TAKE YOUR PHONE, YOUR MUSIC, AND YOUR CHILD AND LEAVE THIS ROOM." Mike leaves in a huff. Thor sleeps on.

5:50 I can hear Weird Al coming from the speakers in the kitchen. Mike didn't shut the bedroom door when he left. I don't want to wake up Thor so I don't move and leave the door open.

5:51 Zzzzzzzzz . . .

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has "naps" like this. I usually just give up.

    ReplyDelete