Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Summer!

I'm currently being outsmarted by my video camera and my computer.  For some reason my computer won't recognize that I've plugged the camera into the USB and then I told another program to run a process that will take 15 minutes and I don't see a cancel button anywhere.  So, here I sit, waiting for everything to finish so I can reboot -- the great panacea of computer repair.  And pretty much the extent of my technical expertise.  If that doesn't work, I have a very useful husband.

Today was the first day of summer and probably the nicest day we had all year.  The boys and I spent most of the morning playing outside.  I got lots of great video of them playing together, which was why I plugged the uncooperative video camera into the computer, which my husband just fixed.  Apparently, I have to hit some button on the video camera and now things are importing.  However, it looks like we haven't exported video off the camera since before Halloween 2010 so we have two hours worth of exporting to accomplish.  I'll have to share the videos at a later date.  But, I'll give you some pretty pictures of flowers instead.
My garden is coming along nicely.  I noticed tonight that I had several tomatoes (one was even the size of a golf ball) on one of my plants.  I only planted tomatoes and pumpkins/squash this year.  It's what I use and can fit in my space and they usually grow well. 

The upper flower bed I usually just let run riot.  I do need to get in there with the weed whacker and trim the path between the tiers.  Our garage door has been broken the past couple weeks and we've been unable to get the door open and hauling the weed eater through the house doesn't appeal to me.  The new garage door goes in tomorrow and we're having a party at our house on Saturday, so the weeds are going soon.

I don't want to jinx myself but we started sleep training with Thor last night and it is going better than expected.  Hopefully, it will continue along swimmingly.  I am still moving him into the bassinet in our room when we go to bed, but that's more for my sake than for his.  I'm not ready for my baby to sleep in his own room yet!  Yesterday was his 5-month birthday.  He's also rolling now from his back to stomach, so he can roll across the room if the mood struck him.  Soon he'll be crawling.  Where did my baby go? 

Sig is constantly thwarting any attempt we do to child-proof our house.  Last week, he removed the handle cover from the front door, undid the dead bolt and opened the front door.   I caught him on the front step.  I ordered a new lock for the front door which should be Sig-proof.  Mike installed it tonight.  Now we get to see what he figures out next.  It is a greater challenge to outsmart a toddler than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment